subtitle message






Thursday, March 24, 2011

Life Immitates Merchandising......



Whenever I pick up a  magazine or a coffee table book I always start by reading it backwards. {I know, it's weird right.}  I usually open in the middle, flip pages until I get to the beginning, go back to the middle, and then work my way slowly to the end. I am often the same in life.  I just get so excited, plunge right in, and then slowly gain my composure and begin to execute a sensible and practical plan. I am the first to admit, I can sometimes get ahead of myself.  It's a good thing that my big picture, creatively energized self, has the balance
{and lets be honest, also conflict}of my good intended "logical" husband.  {Yes, darling I did use the words sensible, practical, and plan all in the same sentence.  Aren't you proud?}  :)  

The thing about me is once I slow down and really focus on being intentional, I start to worry.  I wonder if everything will turn out the way I'd  hoped.  I second guess my decisions, torture myself with uncertainty and so on. {I am in process of overcoming this weakness!!  Yeah for me, I can do it!} But what I have learned is this: As in merchandising, also is in life.  There is no sense in worrying.  You can only plan so much, and then you just have to show up and work with what you have right in front of you! I love when a creative project takes me in a surprising direction and turns out so much greater than my original design. And now I can look back and realize this trend taking place in my life as well.  It is a wonderful feeling!

I love getting the phone call from my client that there are boxes of new merchandise waiting at her shop and it is time for me to come in and display them beautifully!  I run through some plans in my head and then I just show up, and work with what is right in front of me!  Here are a few pictures of my merchandising. {How can you not love the picture above with the French cookbooks in a wire basket?!  You can imagine these sold fast!}
Love to all,
Netti T



I love a perfectly stacked set of books!



 Picture yourself taking a bath in a jar of honey!



The bracelet is saying " Buy me. I am sophisticated, I will make you ask yourself the important questions in life.  And I look great paired with this ring."




 Have a wonderful day living your life!

2 comments:

  1. Annette! You are crazy talented!! Love the wire basket! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That means a lot coming from you! The wire baskets really are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete