subtitle message






Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Happy Place.....



I am blessed to have a few of what I like to call, "soul sisters."  You know, the friends who, when you get together you skip all the small talk and get right down to the good stuff. An instant exchange of struggles, celebrations, shared support, and encouragement.  I am truly in my happy place when I am in the company of one of these friends.  Clearly, my other happy place is working on a design project.  So....  You can imagine my overflow of happiness when I had the privilege of doing both of these things at the same time!

One of my most dear friends, {You know who you are!  I always LOVE our time together!} asked if I would come over to her house and turn it in to a home.  Ofcourse, we first sat around chatting with coffee in hand, oblivious to our little boys in the back yard creating a mud mountain out of potting soil. {the uninterupted talking time was well worth the cleanup.} Once we got the boys to off to a nap it was DECORATING TIME!!!! The countdown begins.  We had just 2.5 hours. I instantly roamed the house searching for dispersed treasures to put on display. 

I used only what she had around the house.  We pulled jars from the garage, dishes out of  the kitchen cabinets, mirrors off the walls, furniture from other rooms, etc. She has an eye for amazing pieces!  We just had to pull them together in the right way.

Here is the BEFORE:


Here is the AFTER:

Hello dinner parties!
This table was up against a wall in a corner of the kitchen. Now when friends enter they will be greeted with a charming little dining room and space for all to have a seat.  This room refelects the hearts of the people living here.  Full of vibrancy, friendship, and good desserts!



Love to all,
Netti T

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Nettie, that is absolutely gorgeous. You are amazing. I love and miss you SO! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Netti! That day was a blessing in so many ways, our talks, sharing what God is teaching us through the valleys and joys, and the CREATIVITY that oozes out of your very essence. I've said it before and I'll say it again... YOU HAVE A GIFT MY FRIEND. I can't wait to see you leave your talent on this world, or in Encinitas, for the time being....
    Thank you again for transforming my home... I love it!
    Love your blog... keep the creativity coming :)

    ReplyDelete