subtitle message






Friday, April 13, 2012

"Feeling Blue"



Until last weekend, I spent a whole year "feeling blue."

No matter how hard I tried, against all my inner strength, direct focus, and self talk to be happy with what I had... my obsession only seemed to grow!

 I just could not get "feeling blue" out of my system.

I was convinced.  The only way to solve my mental fixation is to turn my thoughts into reality....
Navy Blue... Contrasting White.... Pops of Yellow and Bright Green.... Crisp... Fresh... Fun...

I suppose it was the ocean air that got to me.  Afterall, I was born in the fall and have always been drawn to warm colors.  As a redhead, shades of brown and green have always been my go-to palette. But there I was feeling alien to my current surroundings in both my wardrobe and my home.  

Two years of beach living and I am suddenly seeing the world through a whole new set of eyes! I feel best dressed in my navy and white stripes accessorized with a golden locket and brown boots. I am most at home walking through my favorite little shop, Bixby and Ball, a coastal living store in Solana Beach.


Last weekend I made the transistion from "feeling blue" to now "living blue."

I fell captive to an incredible deal on a set of blue and white sofa pillows. 
I had my eyes on them for months and now I simply could not resist.  

Oh I tried to say NO.

I was well aware if I came home with new pillows, which in my husbands words would be "pillows we do not need," I would be getting a mouthful in return. It wouldn't matter, nor would I be stupid enough to try to justify to him.... but sweetheart these are the pillows I have always loved though could never have afforded.Seriously this is an amazing deal! For months I failed in my attempts to find something comparible in style in my price range. They are designed by John Robshaw. They will send our living room in a whole new direction, the blues... white... pops of yellow and green...a fresh, crisp, fun feeling.  None of it would matter, only one simple fact.  We did not need them. And he was right. But I needed them. So I made a decision. {a decision I know many wives are all too familiar with}. I bought the pillows. I decided to take the heat from the hubby. His frustraion would last minutes, or maybe days. But I would have my pillows for years. :)

I am "living blue" and I love it!
{ in a few months we will have pops of yellow and green. When the husband gives his blessing ofcourse.} 


For the record, I do not condone my behavior. Thanks Greg for your forgiveness. ;)

Love to all,
Netti T














4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Netti, how I love your blog, love you, love our heart smiles and connection across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Susan! Yes, I do believe we were cut from the same mold! Love you! I will be up in July so we will have to make a coffee date! xo

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are "living" blue and not "feeling" it any longer :) 3 years ago, my feeling blue impulse was an Anthropologie quilt, and I have not regretted my pricey decision once :) Thanks, understanding hubbies :)

    ReplyDelete